Efficient Dual Quality Water Purification System
The Duo™-i Type 3 and Type 1
Laboratory Water Purification System is fully integrated to produce up to 30L/hr of Type 3 water directly from tap water. It dispenses up to 2L/min of both Type 3 pure water and Type 1 ultrapure water from a flexible dispenser. Real-time water quality and operating conditions are displayed on the dispensing interface. A compact dispensing stand (28x30cm) offers true flexibility to users to maximize bench space utilization and to locate the dispenser at the most convenient point of use.
This state-of-the-art system has been designed to suit your unique feed water conditions, application needs and functional requirements. It maximizes purification power at each stage so that the pure and ultrapure water outputs are consistently high in quality. In addition, unique system monitoring and water leakage protection functions offer you peace of mind on your laboratory’s RO and ultrapure water supply.
Type 3 / RO Water Applications
Type 3 water is required for sensitive laboratory applications:
- Steam Generators
- As feed water for:
- Type I ultrapure water systems
- Automated glassware washers
Type 1 / Ultrapure Water Applications
Type 1 Water from this system meets or exceeds Type 1 water standards as specified by ASTM, CAP, ISO 3696, CLSI, JIS K0557 and high-purity water as described in USP, EP and ChP. Type 1 water is required for critical laboratory applications such as:
- Analytical instrumentations: HPLC, UPLC, AA, ICP, LC-MS, GC-MS, ICP-MS, Ion Chromatography, Electrochemistry, Particle Counter, TOC Analysis
- Life science instrumentations: PCR, DNA sequencing, electrophoresis
- Preparations for cell culture, molecular biology and monoclonal antibody applications
Integrated Reverse Osmosis Technologies
- Patented 2-stage reverse osmosis technology enables superior and stable output quality. Output conductivity of 5μs/cm is typical from tap water as challenging as 2,000μs/cm
- Superior RO purification with up to 99% ion rejection rate. This improves life expectancy of cartridges and final filters
Flexible dispensing options
Draw Type 3 water in 3 ways: directly from the reservoir tap, from a flexible dispenser on the system, or from two additional remote dispensers each placed up to 2.9m away (up to 5.8m in serial).
- Real-time Resistivity and Total Organic Carbon (TOC) levels are monitored and displayed “in your
hand”. What you see is what you get.
- Dispense rates of >2 L/min from the tap, or up to 2 L/min from the remote dispenser, ensure >120 liters availability for peak hour usage.
- Routine system control functions are fully available on the dispenser including “Print Report” for Good Laboratory Practices. This allows maximum bench space utilization. For example, main system, pre-treatment module and reservoir may all be placed under the bench.
Draw Type 1 water either directly from a flexible dispenser on the system, or from two additional remote dispensers each placed up to 2.9m away (up to 5.8m in serial). Each dispenser may also be placed on a stand or used freely
from up to 0.8m away.
- Real-time Resistivity and Total Organic Carbon (TOC) levels are monitored and displayed “in your hand”. What you see is what you get
- Choice of dispensing modes:
- constant flow rates with choices from drops to 2.0L/min
- fixed volume (up to 90L)
- Routine system control functions are fully available on the dispenser including “Print Report” for Good Laboratory Practices. This allows maximum bench space utilization.
Choice of final filters to match your application needs:
- 0.2μm for bacteria removal
- 0.1μm for particulate removal
- Positively-charged capsule for RNases, DNases and endotoxin removal
Enable Type 3 water to be always available from the reservoir. Water quality is maintained by UV sterilization and vent filtration to minimize re-contamination from CO2, volatile organic compounds, bacteria and particles.
Integrated Pre-treatment Module
- Integrated controls on inlet water pressure and monitoring of flow rates to optimize system operations. Optional booster pump available
- 3.2” screen displays color-coded operating condition of each component
- Choice of cartridges based on local tap water condition:
- Silt Density Index (SDI)
- IC chip onboard the cartridges ensures proper installation and operation
- Easy cartridge replacement
- Reservoir controls such as UV exposure timing and conductivity levels are integrated with the main system
- Vent filter is fitted to reduce environmental contaminants such as CO₂, particles, bacterial and volatile organic compounds
- Dual level sensing mechanism offers additional system protection when water exceeds critical levels (10% and 110%)
Integrated Polishing Technologies
- Choice of deionization cartridges with IC tag to meet your applications:
- Standard high volume polishers
- Low TOC for sensitive analysis
- Low Boron for ICP analysis
- UV technology offers effective oxidation of organic materials and enables rapid water quality recovery upon system restart
- Total Organic Carbon (TOC) monitoring option offers reliable real time results
Integrated System Monitoring
- Complete monitoring of conductivity, pressure and flow rate at up to 6 stages
- System conditions are visibly displayed with graphics and color codes
- Automated disinfection processes ensure complete system sanitization
- Multiple data management options including RS232 and SD card
Integrated Water Leakage Protection
- Unique base cover channels any potential water leakage to a drainage point. Leakage sensor located at the drainage point will detect presence of water droplet 1mm from the discharge point
- An additional leakage sensor may be placed inside the pre-treatment module
7” touch screen offers friendly and intuitive user experience:
- “Touch” sequences similar to smart phones encourage new users to operate with ease
- Color-coding (Red, Amber, Blue) and Flashing indicators offer guidance to any non-routine actions needed and their urgency/criticality
- Unmatched “width” and “depth” of system control
Operating Screen provides comprehensive operating parameters at one glance:
- Water quality data from dual output: conductivity, TOC, temperature and dispensing rate
- Reservoir water level
- On-line alerts
Displayed languages are selectable in English, Chinese, Japanese, or Korean to suit user’s preference
Monitor screen provides scientific criteria for consumables management based on:
- Flow rate and pressure sensing
- Usage time
- Water quality monitoring