The KP-8018 reads IMI transponders. A critical design element is the 1/2 size reader scan head. This new head, while naturally reducing the overall bulk and size of the reader, also offers a more focused read zone. The unit includes a built-in low voltage charging circuit so that the unit can be recharged and operated directly via its USB plug connection. The battery is a single 18650 lithium-ion battery that may be replaced by the user. The unit has a membrane keypad and LED scanning status and setup indication.
The Keyboard Probe has usage in common with a handheld barcode scanner, which, with the aid of a keyboard or touchscreen, is typically used to enter read ID and associated data into a real-time, field-based, computer application. In such a setup, a device display is not required, since the user sees the data immediately on the computer or tablet screen.
- Small size – making it a good match for handheld tablets and portable computers.
- Portable operation via internal, rechargeable, Lithium-Ion battery
- Auto read mode for non-portable, stand-mounted, continuous read, applications.
- Powered directly off a tablet or computer’s USB port without the need for a separate interface system or a separate power supply.
- Ability to directly connect to a USB port and be recognized as a keyboard HID output.
- Ability to link as a wireless keyboard output to Bluetooth equipped devices.
Built-in Keyboard Out via Full-Size USB Connector
Built-in Keyboard Configured Wireless Bluetooth
2.14” Wide by 1.61” High by 8.53” Long
Polycarbonate ABS Alloy Housing
Chemical Resistant Polyester Control Panel
IMI-400 with the KP-8018
IMI-500 with the KP-8018
IMI-1000 with the KP-8018